Thursday, October 4, 2007

More Pictures!

Well, I headed down to Esteli after class today to finish putting up the pictures that i was trying to last weekend, so here they are! sorry Im not going to have time to answer emails this time, so dont feel left out.

Me, after a long hike up to visit some caves with the youth group
A fairly common scene here
My town
Part of the youth group and other aspirantes after doing out first square meter garden



On an unrelated note, This week I´ll be heading out to a volunteers site for ¨tech week¨. Im pretty excited about getting my first experience on a real peace corps site. Then next weekend is the site fair where I will be looking at all the availible sites in country and putting in my word on which ones I am most interested in, also very exciting. Anyways, hopefully I´ll be able to update sometime during all of that to keep everyong posted.

hope all is well

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The countryside looks beautiful! Congratulations on completing your first garden - I am sure there will be many more to come.

Love - mom

Unknown said...

I saw a special on dateline discussing how a sudden change has come over Nicaragua's economy the past month or so; it's new number one import is big gay bear magazines, and it's largest export is the service industry known as "booping". Know anything about this?

Unknown said...

Great pics steveo!! the scenery is so green and beautiful! i've been thinking of you often, and my class thinks you're the coolest guy ever...one boy got an atlas for his birthday so he could get a better view to "find mr. copek"

Connecting Austin through Books said...

hahahah, i love erin's comment about her classroom kids ... the pics look awesome!!

keep rockin out and postin info!!