Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hato Grande

Thats ¨the big herd, or flock¨for those of you that arent spanish speakers... but more importantly, its the name of my future site! It is a small town in the middle of Chinindega (not quite sure on the exact location yet, but I know its a little north of the city El Viejo). It is a town of 450 people and the main crops are corn, rice, and beans. It sounds like there is a lot of milk and egg production as well. I will have electricity (at least sometimes), no running water (although I havent really missed that yet), and a cell phone signal (Im told my current phone will work there so those who have my number can assume that it will be staying the same... those who still want it can email me to get it). Im fairly excited about being somewhat close to the beach, at least in weekend trip range.

Unfortunately thats about all I know about the site as of right now, but I will be in site this coming weekend (from friday to next thursday) so I´ll be able to give a better update and hopefully some pictures next time.

Hope all is well back in the states

No comments: